Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Surviving Valentines Day

     I guess for some people, February 14th is a much awaited day.  For the likes of me, however, it's just another day that I wish will be over just as soon as it began.  Sure, most of the dreading stems from a serious dose of sourgraping.  But the reality of being alone seems ever more apparent at this time of the year.  It hit me smack in the gut and no amount of Valentine-grinch-remarks will ever compensate for the fact that while people are strolling hand in hand with their special someone, there was no one there to hold mine.  


     And even if some people consider me smart...  Even if I've had countless of Valentines day spent alone, I could still not muster the immunity that I should have skillfully mastered by now.

     Because this year, it hurts more.  This year, I have no bar result to worry about.  This year, I have a glaring picture of a father and son -- only they are not mine.

     And even if it seemed extra hard to breathe...  Even if it was a herculean task to stop myself from looking at the picture...  Even if it took heaps of faith to stop myself from shedding a tear...  I woke up, it's the 15th and I'm still standing.

     One big breath...  One day at a time...

    

No comments: